Friday, April 19, 2013

Snapped


Well, it finally happened.

My sweet fire-engine red-headed bucket full of built up anger, humiliation, and whatever other feelings, finally snapped.

And I'm not even mad.

Why am I not mad?
Well, I do not condone fighting.  But I don't condone letting yourself be walked all over either.  This chubby cheeked boy of mine is NOT a fighter!!  If you know him at all, you pick that up almost instantly.

I'm also not mad because he was hit first.  And after AN ENTIRE YEAR OF BULLYING, I think he released a lot of pent up feelings today, while showing these bullies that he's no longer going to be abused!

For the first time in a LONG TIME (longer than I can even remember right now) I have my little boy back today.  My sweet, oldest child that is a great big brother and loves the world and everything in it.  My little boy with the beaming eyes and pep in his step that I have lost for so long now.

I don't know if it's temporary, or a permanent recalibration of his emotions, but I'll take it.

By the way...if you're wondering what the 'school' did...I'll leave you with a few things that stood out to me.

A. Riley did not get into trouble. (Personally, even though I have my own reasons why I'm glad he finally 'lost  it', I feel that he should of at least been talked to about why fighting is wrong. The bullying aspect of this situation was lost, once again, and went unnoticed.)

B. The child that started the fight by punching my child in the groin received only a 5 minute 'break' from playing at recess.  Yeah...that taught him...(but when my 5 year old hits a kid he receives 2 after school detentions!?)

C. I didn't receive a phone call, note home, email...nothing! What if my son wasn't so open with me? I would of never known!  That bothers me.

I know that this post has nothing to do with homeschooling, but it factors into our story...and plays a big role in WHY we will be homeschoolers in 12 days and counting!

It's all a part of the bigger picture.





No comments:

Post a Comment